HAPPIEST BIRTHDAYS to my beautiful. fun, loving friend Annie!
SUMMERTIME is all about moment’s, memories and treats!
It was way past A and J’s bedtime this week, but my brother told me it was summer and they could have an Ice Cream date with me, so I happily went with it. SERIOUSLY as a kid to you remember how awesome summer was! Summer was when you played with your friends, ate Ice Cream for dinner, watched movies at the park, played until your sandy feet and pruned hands couldn’t play any longer. You took showers in the ocean, had no school, and laughed at everything.
I am trying this summer to embrace all the summer memories and moments. Having kids in your life helps you grasp these moments a little easier, but I think we should all live like kids and enjoy our summers. Small treats. Trips to the beach. A train ride. A new Ice Coffee flavor. A new summer read! Whatever your summer traditions were or are you should be doing them and daily!
I love my CorePower and adding it to my coffee, it’s a daily go to treat! And a new summertime tradition for me!
Check in with my Summer Bucket List! I listed my Summer Bucket List here: and so far I think I am doing pretty well at crossing things off!
1. Play tennis once a week I have a tennis tournament this weekend!
2. Enjoy more outdoor Happy Hours We have made Friday night happy hours a thing!
3. Go to the Boston Harbor Islands Happening in September for a 5 mile race!
4. Have a party at the beach ( balloons and all!) Celebrated my sisters Birthday
5. Stand Up Paddle Boarding Went with the girls HERE.
6. If 5 goes well, then 6 is attempt YOGA on a Paddle Board.
7. Eat more fresh fruits and veggies. This is an on going attempt but I am trying!
8. Eat more Ice Cream to help balance the fruits and veggies 🙂 Make from SKRATCH! Yes I am nailing this: Follow me on INSTAGRAM to see how well!
9. Go to lunch by boat to MadFish
10. Swim once a week in the pool for cross training! Need to pick this up more, but have a few times!
11. Jump in the ocean once a week- if you live in NE you know that can be COLD, like really really COLD! Again killing this goal! Swam with miss A for an hour one day.
12. Go the a Sox game
13. Go to ca concert at Fenway Park
14. Go on a beach day vacation! Have one planned to newport!
15. Take the train somewhere new!
16. BBQ! We have even started to BBQ mid week!
17. Enjoy the summer series at Boston Harbor Hotel
18. Check out a movie at the Hatch Shell No but we did watch SHREK last night!
19. Shakespeare on the Common
20. Go to the REVERE hotel or the COLONNADE Hotel for ROOF top drinks.
21. Build a sand castle
22. Make s’mores Need to do this ASAP!
23. Unplug for one full day (no TV, computer, tablet, or cell phone).
24. Go Berry Picking!
25. Relax and Read Need to add this in more!
Also do you ever feel like in the summer ( and year round for that matter) there is so much going on in the world, you sort of get lost, and then sometimes just plan old don’t have time to read the news paper? Enter the Skim. If you don’t get the M-F emails yet, sign up now. It’s a recap of the daily news, and what is going on in the world, that yes, skims all the major topics. So you are informed, and you are not spending hours of your precious summertime time to do so. Your welcome! Think of it as your daily summer reading.
So be a kid again this summer. Giggle. Laugh. Enjoy. Get Sandy. Get Salty. Just enjoy!